Residential/Transitional Housing Pre-Arrival Checklist
ITEMS TO BRING
- A Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state issued photo ID, or incarceration photo ID), Birth Certificate, Social Security Card
- A list of all your medications and dosages. Please bring a 14-day supply.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of anyone you would like to have involved in your treatment.
- Season appropriate clothing (please include pajamas)
- Comfortable shoes
- Personal toiletries (shampoo and conditioner, mouthwash, toothpaste, lotion, etc…). No aerosol’s, pump bottles only and all items must be alcohol free.
- Electronics: An alarm clock (without radio), earphones, I-pods and MP3 players may be brought (head phones must be worn at all times).
- You are able to smoke, but we do not sell cigarettes and strongly encourage you to address this addiction while in treatment.
Do Not Bring:
- Clothing with Drug, alcohol, racial, or gang related text/graphics.
- Wells House is not liable for the loss or damage of any money, jewelry, documents, or any other articles.
- Television, DVD Players, laptops, I- pods with videos, pornographic materials
- Hygiene items that contain alcohol: Hair sprays, Aerosol containers, Aftershave, cologne, etc…
- Weapons of any kind.
- Any medications that have not been prescribed to you by a qualified physician. If these medications are brought in they will be destroyed upon admission (Suboxone, Klonopin, Valium, Ambien etc…)
- Personnel Automobile use will be at the discretion of staff after your initial 30 day probational period. You must provide a copy of your valid driver’s license, copy of current insurance and registration.
- We encourage residents to become fully vested in treatment as early as possible. Telephone usage is restricted for the first 72 hours.
- Please understand that computers and inappropriate reading material should be left at home. Only literature that will help you focus on recovery should be brought. Also, we will provide you with supportive recovery based material through out your treatment.
- Visiting hours for immediate family to the Wells House is encouraged after the first week between the hours of 1:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M Friday – Saturday and Sunday 12:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M.
- First 7 days clients are restricted to the house and AA/NA community meetings