What to Know Before You Come
What to bring:
- No more than two weeks’ worth of clothing due to space limitations.
- Personal bedding (optional). If you do not bring any, Wells House will provide you with sheets, blanket, pillow, towel, and
- A Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state issued photo ID, or incarceration photo ID), Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card (if you have these items). Insurance card.
- Please bring a 14-day supply of medication if you can. All medications currently prescribed should be in prescription bottles.
- Any over-the-counter medication that you take regularly (Tylenol, vitamins, Imodium, etc.).
- Copy of COVID vaccine card.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of anyone you would like to have involved in your treatment.
- Clothing appropriate for the season.
- Recovery books or literature.
- Hygiene items (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, etc.)
- Alarm clock, cell phone, charger, earbuds, and headphones.
- If you have a bicycle, you may bring it as long as you have a way to lock it up and keep it secure.
What not to bring:
- Weapons of any kind – including guns, airsoft guns, BB guns, knives of any type or size, brass knuckles, Tasers, etc.
- Valuables – including large sums of money, jewelry, documents, or any other items you do not wish to lose or have stolen.
- Television, DVD Player, gaming systems, desktop computer, any pornographic materials.
- Food or snacks, these items are provided.
- Any medications or medicinal products that are not prescribed to you by a physician. If these items are brought in they will be confiscated.
- Paraphernalia of any kind.
- Clothing with Drug, alcohol, offensive, or gang related text/graphics.
- Furniture of any kind.
More Important Things to Know:
We encourage residents to familiarize themselves with the environment and become fully invested in treatment as early as possible. There is a 3-day blackout period that begins the day each patient arrives. Cell phones and other electronics can be used during this period, however, leaving the property is not permitted. Wells House requests that you not obtain employment for the first 2 weeks you are enrolled in the program
- Visitors: Only immediate family or sponsors are allowed to visit. All visitors are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations of the Wells House. Visits must be therapeutically conducive to recovery. There are no visitors allowed after 7:30 p.m. No visitors are permitted above or below the first floor. All visitors are to check in at the main offices at Baltimore Street, Locust Street, Gale or Olson House’s. **Due to current safety restrictions in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Wells House may or may not be allowing visitors on the property. Please check with the main office before you plan to have any visitors.
- Laundry expenses are covered for the first 2 weeks of residence, but after that we ask the patient to be responsible for their laundry expenses.
- Inappropriate reading material should be left at home. Only literature that will help focus on recovery should be brought. We will also provide supportive recovery-based material throughout treatment.
- To play music on a device in the facility, patients must have headphones or ear buds.
- The only electronic devices allowed are cell phones, alarm clocks, laptops and tablets.
- Personal vehicles cannot be on the property until it has been approved by the patient’s counselor and the housing staff, and ONLY after the patient has been here for 30 days. If the patient is approved for admission, in order to use a personal vehicle they must provide a valid driver’s license, copy of current insurance, and current registration.
- Patients are able to smoke on site as long as they are outside in the designated smoking areas. Smoking indoors is strictly prohibited in any Wells House facility. This includes electronic cigarettes, vapes, and chewing tobacco. Smoking and vaping are strictly prohibited inside the houses at all times and will result in immediate discharge.
- If a patient has court or other off-site obligations while in residence, he/she must secure their own transportation to and from these appointments.
- No gambling of any kind is allowed on Wells House property.